Credit You/Call Me/Credit You
Credit U allows you to transfer credit from your own Postpaid or Prepaid account to the prepaid account of friends and family using your mobile handset.
Dial *128* + 11-digit receiving mobile number* + amount followed by # key. E.g. (*128*12687201234*75#)
Wait for the confirmation message
Then dial *128*1# to confirm or *128*2# to cancel.
Both sending and receiving users receive a confirmation message.
To check your account balance on the receiving handset:
Then press “SEND"
Check your phone screen for your current balance.
Both Digicel prepaid and postpaid customers can send credit with Credit U, but only Digicel prepaid customers can receive credit this way. Corporate customers are not allowed to use this service.
There is a .25c charge for sending a Credit U transfer but no charge to receive.
Just dial *126*<your friend’s number># then press SEND, e.g. *128*12687XXXX#
The recipient will get a message requesting that they call you.
This FREE service is only available to prepaid customers.
Credit Me allows Digicel prepaid customers to request credit from another Digicel Prepaid or Postpaid customer.
Credit U allows Digicel Prepaid or Postpaid customers to transfer credit to Digicel prepaid customers.
2. Are Credit Me and Credit U separate services?
Yes. Either can be used independently.
· A Credit Me is sent by prepaid customers wishing to receive funds (i.e. requesting funds).
· The recipient of the Credit Me is not obligated to respond by sending a Credit U.
· They may use any other available top up method to honor the request – e.g. Top U Up.
· Postpaid customers CANNOT SEND a Credit Me.
Yes. You can receive a CREDIT U from someone though a CREDIT ME was not sent.
Remember CREDIT ME / CREDIT U are independent services.
4. Why is Digicel introducing this product?
Credit Me will address cases of need when access to other top up methods is limited/unavailable.
6. What amounts (voucher denominations) can I request using the Credit Me?
You are not required to request or transfer credit according to the voucher denominations that are currently available.
You can request and receive any variable amount greater than or equal to EC$5 and equal to our less than EC$200.
· John would like to request EC$150.00 from Sue (720-1234).
· John will send “*127*12687201234*150#” to request EC$150.00 from Sue.
7. Is there a maximum amount of funds that can be requested by a Credit Me transaction?
Yes. The maximum amount of top up credit a user can request is EC$500.
8. Is there a limit to the amount of Credit Me for me to use in a day?
Yes. You have a maximum of 10 Credit Me requests per day. If you attempt to exceed this amount you would get an error message:
“You have exceeded your maximum request. Please try again tomorrow. Thank you”
9. What is the maximum amount of funds that can be requested via a Credit Me transaction?
None, there is no limit to the amount of funds that can be requested in a given day.
10. Can I request or transfer non-whole dollars?
No. These messages do not allow the entry of decimal points. Amounts requested and transferred must be in whole dollars.
11. Are there any criteria that I need to meet to send a Credit Me?
Yes. Only prepaid customers, with balances less than EC$10, or with expired airtime or service dates are allowed to send Credit Me requests.
12. What is the short code for the Credit Me?
Credit Me is a USSD service, the short codes to use the services are:
Credit Me: *127*1268XXXXXXX*amount requested # SEND
Mary’s prepaid number is 12687201234. She wants to request EC$50.00 from John – John’s number is 12687201234. To request the funds, Mary simply sends the following USSD string to John’s number:
13. Is there a service fee or any other charge for sending a Credit Me?
No. There would be no cost attached to send a Credit Me.
14. Am I required to register or be provisioned for the service?
All prepaid customers will be automatically provisioned to send Credit Me requests.
Individual Postpaid customers will be blacklisted (i.e. restricted) from using the Credit Me service.
15. How do I send a Credit Me message?
The Credit Me message is sent by typing the following from a blank screen on the handset:
*127*1268XXXXXXX*amount requested #, SEND
Customer “A - requestor” (720-9999) wants to request $100 from Customer “B - sender” (720-0000).
Customer “A” sends *127*1268720000*100# SEND.
16. What does Customer “A” (requestor) get after sending a Credit Me message?
Customer “A” (requestor) will receive the following message:
“Your request was sent, you have requested EC$100 from 12687209999”.
This allows the requestor to check the number to which the Credit Me was sent. If there was an error, the requestor can send another request if they have not reached the limit of 10 request for the day.
17. What does Customer “B” (creditor) get when a Credit Me message is sent?
Customer “B” (creditor) would receive the following text message:
“12687200000 requests EC$100. A service fee of EC$0.35 will be taken from your account. Please type *128*12687201234*100 # and press send to agree”
18. If I request a particular denomination (e.g. $20) can my friend who I sent the Credit Me request be allowed send a lesser value (e.g. $10)?
Yes. Remember CREDIT ME/CREDIT U are independent services.
20. Will Credit Me work while roaming?
Credit Me/Credit U are USSD based services. They will work once the roaming networks support USSD services.
21. Would I be able to send a CREDIT ME to any other subscriber while roaming using their USSD codes if they have the CREDIT ME service (i.e. customer is roaming in USA and is requesting Credit from another USA mobile)?
No. you are only allowed to send a CREDIT ME to Digicel Antigua & Barbuda subscribers.
22. Will I be able to request funds from Digicel customers in other islands?
You will only be able to request funds from other customers of the same island, irrespective of the location of the creditor and/or recipient EXCEPT the OECS islands (Anguilla, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts, St.Lucia & St. Vincent, Antigua & Barbuda), that use the same currency
23. Can I bar someone from sending me a Credit Me request?
No. As with Call Me, barring will not be available.
24. Will Customer Care be able to bar persons who are abusing the service?
As with Call Me, barring will not be available. Extreme cases, that could be considered ‘abuse’, will be referred to the technicians that will take appropriate action.
25. Are customers’ balances accessible to creditors (either before or after a Credit Me request)?
No. Privacy of customers is observed at all times.
26. What will happen in cases where there is credit exceeding $10 on accounts that request a CREDIT ME?
An error message “Sorry, your balance must be less than $10 to request funds” would be issued to customer as the subscriber MUST have less than $10 on their accounts.
27. What happens if I don’t have adequate funds to complete the transfer?
You will be issued an error message:
“Your attempt to transfer EC$xxx to 1268xxxxxxx has failed because you do not have enough credit. Please add credit to your account.